Michael Bremen was Managing Partner of PLUTA Rechtsanwalts GmbH from March 2017 until 2022. Previously, he was a partner in the law firm BREMEN Rechtsanwälte in Düsseldorf.
He has had considerable experience as a bankruptcy/insolvency administrator since 1991 and as a solicitor since 2012; he has assumed other fiduciary duties, advised and represented companies and entrepreneurs, whether creditors or investors, in crisis situations; and works as a CRO in self-administration proceedings.
Michael is a member of the board of directors of the Association of Insolvency Administrators in Germany, registered association (VID) and head of the working group GOI - principles of correct insolvency administration. He is a member of the academic advisory board at the Institute of Insolvency and Restructuring Law at the Law Faculty of Heinrich Heine University in Düsseldorf. He is also Chairman of the Board of Managing Directors of the Düsseldorf Association for Insolvency and Restructuring Law, registered association.
Rechtsanwalt, Fachanwalt für Insolvenz- und Sanierungsrecht, vereidigter Buchprüfer
+49 211 49144 email@example.com
- Insolvency administration
- Advising companies and entrepreneurs, whether creditors or investors, in crisis situations
Languages for negotiations
German, English, French
- Hochschule Neuss für Internationale Wirtschaft GmbH [Neuss University for International Economics Ltd] (insolvency administrator; transferring restructuring)
- Kube GmbH & Co. KG (insolvency administrator, transferring restructuring / partial sales)
- MRL GmbH (insolvency administrator; C-parts logistics company - formerly Mannesmann group, closure with transfer company)
- Operating company of a portfolio of 11 hotels nationwide under the brands Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza (insolvency administrator)
- Portfolio of luxury hotels (solicitor; 12 property companies; restructuring through an insolvency plan in connection with a share deal)
- Thissen Industriedesign GmbH (insolvency administrator; transferring restructuring)
- Vits Group, Treveria Silo C (insolvency administrator; real estate portfolio 36 property companies; transferring restructuring)
- ZAMEK-Group (solicitor; transferring restructuring)
13 Oct 2020 · PLUTA restructuring expert Michael Bremen starts process of finding investor for ten TOG hotels
7 Mar 2017 · Pluta Continues Expansion by Adding Two Firms
Admission to bar
- Arbeitskreis für Insolvenzwesen Köln e. V.
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Insolvenzrecht und Sanierung im Deutschen Anwaltverein
- Düsseldorfer Vereinigung für Insolvenz- und Sanierungsrecht e.V.
- Institut für Insolvenz- und Sanierungsrecht (ISR) an der Juristischen Fakultät der Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf
- VID Verband Insolvenzverwalter und Sachwalter Deutschlands e.V.
Career levels Michael Bremen
PLUTA Rechtsanwalts GmbH
2006 - 2016
BREMEN HOUBEN Solicitors
Specialist lawyer for insolvency law
1991 - 2005
Partner (KLOPP BREMEN)
1988 - 1990
Solicitor in Düsseldorf (HEILMANN KLOPP LEFERING)
Specialist lawyer for labour law
1985 - 1987
Solicitor in Stuttgart (Ganssmüller & Brauner)
Admission to the bar
1982 - 1984
1976 - 1981